POSITION: FIELD COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR FOR WEST & CENTRAL AFRICA
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Contract Duration: 2 years
Contract Type: Full time – Local employment for a Country National
Contract Start: As soon as possible
The incumbent of the position will report directly via dotted line to the Field Communication Manager. The Field Communication Coordinator for West & Central Africa ensures accountable collection of high-quality client and partner stories, photographs, film footage and content for new media in West & Central Africa in order to support the organization’s Member Associations and their fundraising communication.
- To gather and write interviews and compelling, comprehensive and truthful reports in English (human interest stories) and make powerful high quality pictures and video clips for the organization’s donor communications – according to a delivery plan and within given timelines.
- To gather accountable content for new media.
- To engage and oversee local videography support as needed. To organize the logistics, planning and coordination with videographer accordingly.
- To coordinate, plan and organize the logistics of own resource trips – in full coordination with Field Communication Manager, respective Regional Office(s) and partners.
- To support visits of member associations (MAs) in planning phase and on the ground: helping to get in contact with partners, with logistics of field trips, with pre-identifying clients and accompany resource trips as writer and photographer.
- To sort pictures made with relevant description (correct IPTC according to organizations picture rules) and upload them together with stories to online storage.
- To support capacity building of staff and partners – e.g. with workshops re photography and storytelling for their staff.
- To organise field visits well ahead of time, liaise with partners and travel agents for accommodation, transport, visas etc.
- To ensure full and proper accountability of all expenses and to work within and monitor the operational budget.
Professional Profile and Experience:
- Photo-journalist with demonstrated ability to write compelling reports and stories from a fundraising perspective in English.
- Knowledge about video production and ability to take high quality videos are a plus
- Proficiency in English and French (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of development issues
- Proven success in independent work setting, managing budgets, communication and travel schedules
- Ability to work with modern communication and photo technology
- A team player with strong interrelations and diplomatic skills
- Strong intercultural competence and sensitivity
- Aptitude to be managed remotely
- Demonstrated ability to meet the required extensive travel demands
- Experience with working and/or traveling in occasionally insecure areas and following strict safety & security protocols
- Passion and commitment to the cause of helping people who are struggling to survive poverty and disability
- Driving license
The future job holder adheres to the organizations values and commits to the organization’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
The organization encourages persons with a disability to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail:
1. a meaningful letter of motivation,
2. a CV
3. and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 30th June 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.